Monday, April 13, 2015

It's His perfect love.

I'll tell you what, life does not take it easy on you just because you are going through something. 

That's why it's so important to run to God, otherwise you can get swallowed up.

This weekend was packed full of reminders about Abigail. One right after the other. I couldn't get away from it. Every where I turned there they were. What am I supposed to do? Go crawl under a rock?! 

I'll be honest, there are times I've wanted to do that, but that's not an option. Why isn't that an option? Because I've still got a life to live, a family to love, a destiny to accomplish & my God to serve! But those precious things are not the things that motivate me. It's His perfect love. 

He loves me beyond measure & He's pursuing me out of that love. I can feel it shake me & move me & pull me up out of pain & sadness. I'm not trying to sound like super woman, sometimes it takes a little bit for me to come around, but He never stops. 

He's not waiting around for me to try & conjure up some emotion out of my own strength, He's just there, loving me intensely & perfectly & then the sadness breaks off of me again. & the more times I let Him in to love me, the less times I feel sad. That might seem like the most obvious statement in the entire universe, but when your wading through the murkiness of life sometimes you forget. 

For me, it mostly happens during times of worship. The moments when I'm singing every word by faith & honoring Him by believing regardless of what I'm feeling & then suddenly it changes & He's made all things new again. It's amazing the life that comes to your mind, your emotions & even your physical body when He begins to minister to you.

Other times He uses my husband. He lets me cry on his shoulder & then speaks the truth to me about our situation. I can't tell you how many times & how many ways God has used that man. 

Why am I telling you all of this? 

Because I want you to know that there is hope. There is healing & that God loves you just as passionately as He loves me. He's looking to pour Himself out into your life & help you through the hard times & celebrate with you in the good. Have faith.

Don't allow yourself to be swallowed up by the pain. Don't allow the devil to use a tragedy to take your life away as well. Keep running back to God, over & over, never lose hope.

Don't ever quit... He'll never quit on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment